Sunday, March 8, 2015

Mon. 3/2 - Sun. 3/8

Monday we woke up really late. So much so that I decided to keep the kids home from school! It didn't feel worth the effort. Maybe not the best choice but I did it. The kids didn't complain.

I've have a really hard time this week feeling any motivation. I stay up too late and want to sleep longer then I should. I'm buried in dishes and laundry. It's so hard to get on top of them let alone stay on top of them! Grrr! Not having an American washing machine or dryer make laundry extremely time consuming.

One night I went in to check on the kids and found the girls sleeping like this. Then I felt the need to take a sleeping picture of everyone. My mother took at least a handful of embarrassing pictures of me sleeping as I was growing up but somehow they are sweet. At least I imagine that's what she thinks of them because that's what I think of my kiddos sleeping. They are so peaceful and precious. I love my children!!!



Wednesday I went to parent teacher conferences at the kid's prep school on campus. The teachers had nothing but good things to say about them. I am very pleased with how they are doing in school here. 

I am very seriously contemplating a dramatic hair cut! It's starting to consume my thoughts! I've just about convinced myself. Now I  need to figure out how short and gather enough courage to actually do it!! I'm afraid I'm really going to hate it. At least up front. However, it's so hot here it makes sense... I think the convenience of having it short might make it worth it even if I don't like it. It will grow back right? Even if it takes forever...  Feel free to share your thoughts or picture ideas with me.

Thursday Emma is now 10 months old!!!  She walks everywhere and sometimes tries to run. Today she went up a few stairs for the first time. Mark took a video but I haven't figured out how to get it on here or Facebook for that matter...   Emma makes the cutest inquisitive sound that seems like she's asking, "Huh?" She has 8 teeth and knows how to use them. She likes to bite mom's shoulder. She sleeps so well through the night and makes us all smile and laugh!!





Friday Emma and I went to Purple Turtle beach with a group of ladies who wanted to go snorkeling. It was my first time putting my face in the water with snorkel gear on. I didn't go very far or deep at all. Emma was screaming when I left her with someone so I just tried breathing with the mask and snorkel for a few minutes. I'm scared to get a mouth full of water!! Some ladies found a huge starfish when they went out.

 After I came back from "snorkeling" Emma was no longer content walking around the beach or playing in the sand. She was afraid I was going to leave her again. I took her out into the water and we played with these little guys. They were having fun floating around. 

I've been trying to go to the gym 3 times a weeks.  I typically run at 6 miles per hour or a 10 minute mile :). Friday I was proud to run 3 miles at a speed of 6.5 with the last half mile bumped up to 7 and the very last minute I cranked it up to 8 to get done faster!!! Holy Cow! I was very tired after that. I'm going to keep working on it.

That night we ate pizza and hung out with friends.


Saturday we went to the pool on campus with friends. It is SUCH an ordeal to get everyone and everything ready and out the door to go anywhere! The kids had a great time at the pool.

Sunday is always a struggle getting out the door on time. Sometimes it doesn't feel worth the effort until I'm at church and feel of the Spirit. In Relief Society we took some time to share a favorite Hymn and tell why we love it. Then we sang. I love pondering the words of the inspired Hymns. Sometimes as we sing they are just words to a tune but when we really pay attention to the words the Hymns can be powerful testimonies.  

1 comment:

  1. Girl, you are lookin' good! I know your kids will love looking back on the memories there through the pictures you are taking!

    ReplyDelete