Sunday, April 5, 2015

Mon. 3/30 - Sun. 4/5

Wednesday was April Fools Day and for the first time I had big secret plans. Not so much on the April Fools end of things just a surprise. Without telling my family I made plans to chop my hair off. (They knew I was going to eventually...) I had been talking about it and debating back and forth for a long while. I finally gathered enough courage to just DO IT! Worst case scenario I would hate it and it would eventually grow back...

Here's my hair pulled out of a bun ready for the chop! I was excited and nervous! I brought a friend with me for moral support. 



AHHHHHH!!!!  I can't believe I'm doing this!!!! 

I didn't want to look at it or touch my head.  

Much shorter but far from done.


 SO much hair NOT on my head!!
(For anyone curious I did not donate it nor did I just keep it. I don't know how I would've donated it from here and I didn't research it...)


After the big cut I picked up Emma from a friend and met my family for lunch. SURPRISE!! Mark really likes it. When I asked Isaac what he thought about me cutting my hair really short a few weeks ago he said he didn't think I would look very cute. Then he said, "but you'd still be my mom". I thought it was silly. After I cut it I asked him what he thought and he said, "you still look cute" 

Mark suggested we go celebrate Mommy's new hair cut by going out as a family to Swirls Frozen Yogurt. Any excuse to eat frozen yogurt!!  Mark teased the kids with it being April Fools by telling them we would go to Swirls and then said "April Fools!" Then he said he was kidding and then said April Fools that he was kidding and had them so confused. Kari asked, "Which is it?!?" We went to Swirls. :) It was so yummy!



BEFORE: (3/29/15 Photo Courtesy Isaac Dahle)
AFTER: (4/5/15 Photo Courtesy Mark Dahle)



I've been asked how I like my hair. If you're wondering too here are my thoughts. It's weird not being able to pull it back into a pony tail or bun. It's very different but I'm getting used to it. It's easy to fix and does it's own thing. It is SO short.and doesn't take long to wash. I had thought when I cut my hair I would immediately start growing it back out. I'm not sure I'll be able to do that very well without being a "foo foo" head. I may just keep it short here and start growing it out when we get back to the states where I can use a curling iron and straighter... We'll see. Overall I do like it. Sure beats the frizzy bun I was sporting before. 

Saturday was  General Conference. It was so strange waiting until noon for the first session. On Sunday at 10am I started playing Saturday's afternoon session for the kids just so I could begin at the time I'm used to. The kids sat at the kitchen table with the laptop and Conference Bingo papers. We even had Smarties for Bingo rewards we saved from a package Granny sent us. I'm so grateful for technology and that we were able to easily watch conference with few hiccups. I'm also extremely grateful that I can go back and listen to them again later and catch thins I missed.

Sunday was also Easter and Emma's 11 month old day! We even had the elders over for dinner.

HAPPY EASTER! (the girls already attacked their Hershey's)


Emma is 11 months old!! She started climbing up onto the couch when the cushions are off. She likes to climb up stairs when she gets the chance and we're working with her on how to safely go back down. It make me nervous! Ahh! We adore our sweet Emma girl!!!!! 






As we were preparing for the missionaries to arrive for dinner the kids worked together on a special project they (Lexi) came up with on their own. We didn't know exactly what they were up to until they came into the kitchen and started taping letters to the wall. It was so kind and I think the elders felt pretty special. I was proud of them.


The power went out while we were waiting dinner. Luckily I knew right where a flashlight was and how to find it in the pitch black. It was our first time losing power here. It was kind of exciting except  for the fear of not knowing how long it would last. Thankfully it only stayed out for about an hour.

2 comments:

  1. I have to be honest here.... If I looked that good with short hair, I'd never cut it off and never grow it back!!! You look gorgeous!! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I'm such a dork! I meant I WOULD cut it off and never grow it back. :)

    ReplyDelete