Sunday, April 12, 2015

Mon. 4/6 - Sun. 4/12

Monday at school the kids had an egg hunt and face painting.







I have never made poppy seed bread or muffins (from scratch) before and I was given poppy seeds and almond extract from someone leaving the island when we first got here. I finally made Almond Poppy Seed Bread with a Lemon Almond Glaze!!! I was so excited. The Almond extract smelled AMAZING! It tasted pretty good too. 

This week Mark's fellow 1st semester classmates voted him as class representative. Woot woot! He has made himself well known among his classmates. It seems that most everyone knows who he is.

I was nominated and voted to be on the RSO board as a Sponsorship Coordinator for other families coming to Dominica. Coming to the island is a huge stressful ordeal. There are so many unknowns, I will either answer questions myself or set people up with a sponsor to help them make the crazy transition here.

The school had a Spaghetti Dinner at the sea deck on campus Tuesday night. It was nice not to have to worry about what to do for dinner.


I feel I'm somewhat in a funk at the moment. I don't want to do anything. I'm feeling lazy and unmotivated. I don't want to clean anything or cook anything or worry about anything!!! Ugh! Snap out of it!


Sunday ~  Mark has his last "mini" tomorrow!! That will be followed by a Histology practical on Thursday, an Anatomy practical on Friday with the Final exam the next Monday! I'm not envious! I can't believe we are almost through the first semester!! I will be worrying about what to do for the break between semesters.

No comments:

Post a Comment